Thursday, March 8, 2007

nefertiti rocks!

today i went to visit the oldest female berliner. nefertiti, almost 3400 years old and still gorgeous. unfortunately though i don't have any pics to back up that claim as the lady has gotten quite the attitude and doesn't want to have her picture taken with a cellphone or camera-flash. who does she think she is? madonna?
seriously, i so didn't dare to break that rule after first being told by a museum guard to keep my purse closed and then being reprimanded by another guard for having my purse slung over my shoulder instead of carrying it by hand (don't ask). and by the time yet another guard followed me closely across two exhibition rooms i was convinced that either this museum took over the whole former Stasi staff from the GDR or that i must fit the profile of an internationally known art history thief. take a guess.

1 comment:

Mr. Monk said...

Gotta love those German guards. Once they told me to remove my pants.. so I took them off then.. wait.. this is getting to personal. Nevermind.